Thursday, June 30, 2011

Productive Day Off

I've been spending most of my time at work, so I was excited to have a day off. I woke up around 10 and decided I would sleep for a little while longer. The next time I woke up, it was 3 in the afternoon! Although I was shocked that I slept in so late, the long sleep felt amazing.

I spent the day running errands.

  • I returned a library book
  • paid my rent
  • bought some hair dye
  • went to Big Apple Bagels
  • went to Goodwill
  • went to Plato's closet
  • went to Jimmy Johns
  • dyed Kelly's hair.

My friend Kristen told me about a promotion that was going on at Big Apple Bagels currently. The location near my work is giving away free coffee to anyone named KIM! (or Gary). I've never been there before but I felt obligated to try it. I ended up getting a bagel & cream cheese too. They have so many different kinds of cream cheese I'm going to have to go back and try them all! It was delicious and so was the coffee. 



I went to Plato's Closet and there ended up being a huge clearance sale there. I guess it was just my lucky day. I ended up getting 4 shirts and a swim cover-up. I didn't notice that they were 50% off until I got to the counter. I spent less than 15 dollars. WHAT a bargain! 

For those of you who didn't know, Jimmy John's was having a customer appreciation day today. They were giving out subs for only one dollar! I forgot about it until my way home from the store. I picked up Jake and headed over to Jimmy Johns. I guess my luck ran out by this point because when we got there, the subs were back to regular price. The dollar subs were only going on until 3:00. Bummer... I still ended up getting a sub and it was worth the extra few bucks. 

I promised Kelly I would dye her hair today, so I picked up some hairdye for myself too. My highlights are growing out so I decided to go back to all one color. After I was done with Kelly's highlights, there was some bleach left over so I bleached a little part of my hair to try to look like those feather extensions. I tried to put it in Kelly's hair too, but it was hard to see. It's not very noticeable, but it was a fun time. Here's my new racoon tail highlight and hair color


2 comments:

  1. I like the faux feather look... I might have to try that one!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I legit thought that was a feather until I read the post! Awesome skillz!

    ReplyDelete