Saturday, February 26, 2011

O.C.B.eatles

Yesterday Jake and I were very hungry and couldn't decide where we wanted to go eat. Jake told me I had to decide where we were going. So of course I turned to Google. I googled "healthy places to eat". It pulled up an article that showed things to avoid. The article said to avoid deep fried things, salt, supersize portions, and buffets. Unfortunatly, as soon as I saw the word BUFFET, I couldn't stop thinking about Old Country Buffet (So much for eating healthy). We conveniently have one right by our work, so we both decided  Operation O.C.B. was a go! 

We got there at 3:36, when the lunch prices end at 3:30.  Although it was slightly expensive, the unlimited chocolate milk, and create your own icecream sunday definitely made up for it. I insisted on paying for our meals in hopes that it would make up for the half hour he spent scraping off my car durring that ice storm last week. 

After we sat down, we noticed that we were both wearing Beatles shirts. How embarrassing! (I made Jake take a picture so I could put it on my blog later) We both laughed it off as we enjoyed our meals. We sat right next to this really old woman who you could just tell was a regular. She seemed nice.
 

I had to work until close last night. It wasn't that bad. It seemed like it flew by for some reason. I have to work again tonight. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm up in booth tonight so I assume it will be fine. 

After work I came over to Jake's apartment and watched Pawn Stars on the History channel ( I love that show) and someone brought in an old music player (some old gadget with a horn). I'm not really sure what it was. I knew Jake had a record player so I asked him if it was anywhere accessible. I was in luck! He knew right where it was. We both relaxed and listened to the whole Abby Road album and also some from the Revolver album. It was awesome. I can't remember the last time I heard an actual record. Records just have this different sound to them. I felt like the music was in my head.  I'm thinking about ordering a Michael Jackson Album and listening to it on his player. Basically, yesterday was a really great day!



Also, If you tried calling/texting me yesterday, I apologize. I forgot to pay my phone bill and didn't get it.

4 comments:

  1. Records are fun! I wish I had a player!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things:
    1. I find it hilarious you both wore Beatles shirts. It is NOT embarrassing, but if I saw you guys in public, I'd have asked you if you were going to the Sadie Hawkins dance ;)
    2. OCB is ALWAYS worth it for the ice cream treats.
    3. There really is nothing like listening to music on records. It has almost a raw sound that can't be duplicated with a CD or the internet. It's awesome. Plus, it's like you have to actually DO SOMETHING to get it to work. It's not as easy as pressing play. Records are just neat in general. There's something so cool about vinyl. My mom has the soundtrack to Grease on a record back from when the movie came out. I'm so pumped to get all those records one day. I can only imagine how awesome it was to listen to the Beatles. I say DEFINITELY get a MJ record. You won't regret it in the slightest.
    4. I tried to get someone to tell you HELLO from me the other night when you were talking to Matt/Nate/Betsy, but I was HIDING and I couldn't come out. I don't know how they were communicating with you, but I know Jake was there!

    Good post, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Chelsea, I knew you were hiding because they wanted to give up looking for you. You must have had a really great hiding place! I love that group of people. I'm 20 years old and Hide and Seek is still our go-to game!

    ReplyDelete