Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome back Roommates!

My roommates all went on Alternative Spring Breaks this past week. ASB is a volunteer program where you donate your time during Spring break to helping others. Ari went to Missouri and worked on houses. Kelly went to Georgia to help people get their lives back on track by helping jobless people rework their resumés and helped people become self sufficient. Megan went to North Carolina to plant hundreds of trees. I'm glad to say they are all back in Kalamazoo finally! I missed them. It's been fun hearing about all of their trips.

Kelly got me a really cool glass coke bottle from the Coca-Cola museum

She also brought back the Family Feud board game (which I'm really excited about), the original BopIt (Which Megan is really excited about), Phase 10, and an Etch-a-sketch.  Megan and I both played BopIt for a little while and I realized I'm not as good as I used to be. Then I messed around on the Etch-a-sketch for a little and this is what resulted. 






Now I'm going to make Megan cover up the blonde in my hair. She's never dyed anyone's hair before so she's excited. We'll see how it turns out :P

6 comments:

  1. What the hell, Kim. You're making me doubt my abilities as an artist with your etch-a-sketch renderings! I've tried to make masterpieces like yours above, but they don't even come close.

    I like that coke bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know I was good at it until today! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok Kim, you ARE really good at that thing! I'm amazed by you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beach sunset and the flowers are so good Kim!! I suck at those things...

    You should teach an etch-a-sketch class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan, don't call me "baby" :P and Matt, I always wondered what my calling was... thanks for helping me figure it out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leaves on that palm tree were way too hard... thats why it only has three branches haha. & I just noticed I forgot to draw the other eyebrow in the last one... OOps!

    ReplyDelete