Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's been a while!

I have been extreamly busy and haven't had any spare time to write a blog post. I finally have a break and feel like I should post something.

I'll try to give you guys an update on my life without talking too much.

If you've hung out with me in the past week, you have probably heard me complain about the things I gave up for lent. I decided to give up fast food, pizza, and regular pop (I started drinking diet instead). I got to the point where I was eating a lot of fast food when I went on break from work because it was so cheap and fast. So far I haven't given in except on Sunday (I've heard that Sundays don't count?)

I just realized how much I enjoy talking about food on this blog :)

So I'll continue...
Kelly and I have a break from classes at 12:30 and go out for lunch together sometimes. (Except when she secretly gets pizza by herself so I won't get jealous).  Last week we decided to go to the school cafeteria! I took it for granted as a freshman. We went to Bigelow, which is the cafeteria with the most variety. I'm not even sure what I ate but it was delicious! I'm pretty sure Kelly swiped a cookie for her purse too! nice move :) That was the first time I have been back to the cafeteria since freshman year.

Kelly also came home this week with a present waiting for me on my bed...

It was a huge picture of the hungry caterpillar! I love it. It is now hanging on my door next to an elephant who's favorite color is pink, a butterfly (also, both from Kelly), A picture of my roommates, and a christmas card from the Spucks. 

My roommate Ari sent me this really awesome picture of Michael Jackson made completely out of blow pop wrappers that she saw hanging on the wall at someone's apartment. I wish it was on my wall!

Even though Megan specifically told me to stop talking about her in my blog, I just feel bad not including her after mentioning all of my other roommates. So lets see... how has Megan impacted my life this week? .. Oh yeah! I was taking notes in my class on Thursday and my teacher starts putting examples of past assignments that people have done and I see Megan Trout's resume up on the big screen in front of my class. I thought it was funny that the teacher didn't black out her name. I thought she probably should have blacked out the address, phone number etc. but she didn't. haha
It's hard to see (click to enlarge) , but this is Megan's awesome references. :)

The second half of my week was pretty rough. I recieved news that my Uncle Paul had passed away. It was such a shock to my whole family. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around it. I can't imagine having family get togethers without him. I was able to make it home to visit with family durring the weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it back for the funeral today. I'm really sad that I couldn't make it home and be with my family today. R.I.P. Uncle Paul.

I spent so much time in the car this past weekend. I had an interview in Troy on Friday, worked in Kalamazoo on Friday Night, Then Amy's 21st birthday on Sunday so I drove back to Westland Saturday night and out to Ann Arbor to celebrate, then back to Westland on Sunday morning, and finally back to Kalamazoo on Sunday night. Luckily Kelly did some of the driving!

Needless to say, I'm sick of being in a car.

Even with all of the chaos, I had a great time celebrating Amy's birthday in Ann Arbor. We went to a place called Fifth Quarter. I was really happy to get a chance to see everyone. I missed them so much!
I feel like this picture describes the night... all over the place.


I also ran into Olivia Senia at Fifth Quarter and I told her I would give her a shout out in my blog, so here it is! Hi Olivia! :)


P.S. My mom told me how to make stuffed mushrooms yesterday over the phone and they turned out Awesome. 
(They look gross, but they were delicious) 

6 comments:

  1. Ok. I didn't read your blog yet but I just noticed you have the giving tree as your background...I love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim. I love that Megan is in your class on the screen. lol
    And I love you I wont say why.
    I also have fun this weekend and I am sorry you spent so much time in the car. I hate when that happens also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha she can't escape me :)

    mushrooms were great!! (just reinforcing that they actually tasted good, despite the gross looking picture)

    love the picture you put up of Amy's Bday!!

    don't you love that i'm your roommate AND i comment on your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That definitely earns you some friendship points Megan! keep up the great work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mushrooms look yummy!!

    And that MJ poster looks kick ass!!

    I'm glad you did come out for Amy's bday! It was so good seeing you! And I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought those mushrooms were brownie bite things with caramel. SICK. I would never eat mushrooms. ;flsdlfkdsj

    That MJ poster is awesome. Perhaps for your birthday I will make you a really rad MJ card. ;)

    I like the Hungry Caterpillar picture. I used to love that book and I always enjoyed Eric Carle's work. It's great.

    Once again, I'm sorry about your Uncle Paul. My sympathies are with you, Kim Raley. <3

    I'm sorry I missed you this past weekend, but I will see you soon I am hoping :)

    ReplyDelete