Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy End of Lent!

Lent is over which means:

  • I will be able to poke people back on facebook
  • I can eat pizza 
  • I can drink regular pop
  • I'm allowed to eat fast food
  • I can put butter on my popcorn
I know I gave up random things for lent. I decided to give these things up just to see if I could do it. I was hoping it would help me eat healthier. It's now Easter and I still find myself drinking diet pop. I've learned to like it over the past month. I'm sticking to eating less fast food too, even though Lent is over.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

My mom told me I should update my blog. I've been really busy with group projects for classes, finals, and work so I haven't been doing it lately. I figured I could at least tell you what I got in my easter basket :)


Yes, I'm 20 years old and still get an Easter basket. 


I drove to Westland this morning after I woke up. The Easter bunny had a basket waiting for me when I arrived. The basket was filled with Jelly beans, malt eggs, and some reese's bunnies. There were plastic eggs filled with cute headphones, money, earrings and scratch-off tickets. I kept digging through the plastic grass and found some eyeshadow and colorful socks too! Who knew that my Easter baskets would get cooler as I got older? 


If you have hung out with me recently, you may have heard me mention O.P.I.'s nail polish called Shatter. I've been trying to find a bottle ever since I heard of it. I wanted to try it. It is black nail polish that you paint over a regular nail polish. The black polish cracks when it dries to show the base color through the cracks. I've seen advertisements for it everywhere but it has been sold out at every store I checked. My mom was able to find a bottle. From what Amy tells me, she jumped though hoops to get it and ended up finding it at a sketchy beauty supply shop. I found a bottle in the bottom of my basket! 

It's pretty cool. I wanted to see what colors looked cool under it so my grandma agreed to let me use her hand as a model. I painted different colors on each finger and added the shatter top coat to each one. The white looks pretty cool. I decided to have a photo shoot with her when I was done. Here are some pictures. 
          

                          (notice the nails)



        

I was glad to be able to visit with family (including Amy). I had a delicious dinner. I even ate dessert that my dad made. He made a little cake that looked like a bunny.  I made him take a picture with it, even though it was a little girly. 

It tasted so good! 


3 comments:

  1. Loved your post..and Love your family, I can relate with your mom, when I know there is something my kid wants badly, I will stop at nothing to get it...lol , that was very nice of your grandma to let you experiment on her and kudos to your dad, the cake looks cute and I'll bet yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you are so adorable (and PRETTY). I'm jealous, the Easter bunny doesn't come to my house anymore (because my parents are LAME), but I'm excited for you! That shatter nail polish looks AWESOME! I'm glad your mom told you to update your blog because I've been lurking it and hoping you would update soon! Your family is great. Your dad is awesome. Hang in there and finish school strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pat, My grandma is the best & the cake WAs yummy.

    @chelsea, my mom has a spare chocolate bunny at the house. Tell Amy to grab it for you. She basically lives there.

    ReplyDelete