Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's Almost Summer!

This week is finals week for WMU students. 

I've been overwhelmed working on group projects, take-home finals, and studying for exams. I can't wait for next week to get here! Today I was able to turn in a take-home final which means I only have two more classes to worry about this semester.

Side-note: I never realized how funny smart phone's auto correct can be. Megan was trying to text me about a final that we had to turn in. It went something like this...

megan: "I just saw that thing about tadpoles" me: "what?" me:"did tadpoles have to do with creative strategy class?" megan: "tadpoles" megan:"tag lines!" 


She didn't text me back right away and during that time of confusion I was convinced that I forgot to do a random "tadpole" section of my final project. I'm glad we got that straightened out.

After I turned in my project I came home and started getting a headache. Any time the weather changes I can pretty much count on getting a headache. I took some medicine and Megan decided that we were going to have some pizza (even though everyone has leftovers from Easter in the fridge) I've also been wanting some sweet potato fries lately. I decided that I was going to make some.

I started with a sweet potato...

I peeled the sweet potato (I was surprised to see that we even had a peeler)...
Then I chopped the sweet potato in half and cut it into fry shaped pieces and shook them in a ziplock full of a salt, cinnamon, and olive oil (just enough to coat the fries)...
Then I added some Famous Dave's Steak Burger seasoning to them after spreading them out on a aluminum foil lined cookie sheet. I preheated the oven to 425 degrees...
You are supposed to turn the fries every 10 minutes while they cook. I forgot to do that and some of mine got a little burnt. I cooked it for 30 minutes and took them out of the oven...
They looked like REAL FRIES!!! 
and they tasted SO good. 


Mom, you should make these, you guys will love them! 


My friend Kara Hensley got this awesome picture of a rainbow while it was hailing out today. Michigan weather never ceases to amaze me. 



4 comments:

  1. cool picture of a rainbow I wish we went outside so I could've saw it

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    caution: must like sweet potatoes to enjoy the fries

    -M3$^n

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan! how can you not like sweet potatoes!? I still don't understand. The lightening and hail weren't making me want to get off the couch but if I would have known there was a rainbow I would have totally went outside.

    oh well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed so hard at the tadpole line lololol
    I wouldn't eat those fries, but they look good and I'm glad they tasted good!
    That rainbow is great!

    HANG IN THERE! You're almost done! :)

    ReplyDelete